Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Electrical Design

I've spent alot of time recently planning the electrical system and instrument panel layout. This post is mainly about the electrical system. The almost final design is shown here - don't bother with this bitmap- click this link for the pdf of schematic,  (on fileQube page, just look for small "download file" link near the bottom).
The design is based on Bob Nuckolls Aeroelectric schematic Z-11. I really like the E-bus, the alternator loadmeter, and the simpler started control, so I've used those ideas. I've already bought most all of the components shown, as well as wire, crimp terminals, etc.
I've also put some effort into planning the wire and cable routing.
The biggest problem on RVs is routing cable from the panel/forward area through the spar carry-through tot the wings and aft fuse. I have one conduit through the center to route to the aft fuselage. The wings might be tricky since there is only one hole on each side. I'm routing the Dynon remote compass cable along the upper longeron to the fron, to keep it away from the strobe lines and the transponder coax. Also, the strobe lines to the wings have been routed along the outside, under the seats, to keep them away from sensitive lines.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

The links to your electrical schematics appear to be broke.
John